A cookie is a file or device that is downloaded onto a User's internet terminal device when browsing the web. It is used to store and retrieve data that are found on this device and reflects the User's activities during their browsing. Internet service providers may use the cookie to perform functions such as:
- Facilitating User navigation on websites visited;
- Facilitate User buying experiences on websites visited;
- Provide information on User browser habits on websites to develop new products or services;
- Provide information on User browsing habits on websites to direct them to behavioral advertising.
Based on how they are implemented, cookies can be:
- own: These are cookies that are enabled by the owner of the website the User is visiting, sending them from equipment or a domain managed by the editor itself and from which the it provides the services requested by the user; or
- third party: These are cookies that are enabled by other service providers with whom the owner of the site that the User is visiting has contracted for the provisioning of certain services; they are sent from a device or domain that is not managed by the editor, but rather another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Based on the time that they remain active, cookies can be:
- session: These are cookies designed to collect and store data while the User accesses a website.
- persistent: These are cookies in which the data remains stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period of time defined by the owner of the cookie, which may range from minutes to years.
Based on their purpose, cookies can be:
- technical: These are cookies that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and to use the different options or services that exist therein, including those that the editor uses to allow the management and operation of the web page and to enable its functions and services.
- analytical: These are cookies that, processed by the owner of the website or by third parties, make it possible to quantify the number of users and thus provide statistical measurement and analysis on how users use the service offered, so as to improve the offering of products and services provided.
- advertising: These are cookies that allow for the most efficient management of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included on a website, application or platform that is used to provide the service requested based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which the advertisements are shown.
- behavioral advertising: These are cookies that allow for the most efficient management of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included on a website, application or platform that is used to provide the service requested. These cookies store information on user behavior obtained through the ongoing observation of their browsing habits, which makes it possible to develop a specific profile to show advertising based on such habits. It is also possible that upon visiting a website or opening an email where an ad or promotion on certain products or services is published, a cookie is installed in the browser that is used later on to show advertising related to the search performed in order to control ads related, for example, with the number of time the User visits, where the ads appear, what time they are seen, etc.
To learn more about cookies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
Technical cookies can be implanted in the user's terminal without any consent, while analytical, advertising and tracking cookies require the user's consent.What cookies do we use and how can you revoke consent to the use of these cookies?
The present website currently requires cookies for browsing and other cookies for collecting statistical and analytical information, which allow us to analyze user browsing habits and obtain statistical data to improve our services. Cookies used by the website are associated only with an anonymous user and their computer, thus not providing themselves the personal data of the User.
By using cookies, it is possible for the server where the website is hosted to recognize the web browser used by the user in order to make browsing easier, allowing, for example, access to users who have registered previously, access to areas, services, promotions and contests reserved exclusively for them without having to register on each visit. Cookies are also used to measure the audience and traffic parameters, control progress and the number of log-ins.
To get more details about all the cookies we use, as well as to revoke your consent, you can manage it at any time by clicking here.Questions?
or send a letter addressed to:
Holaluz.com - HOLALUZ-CLIDOM, S.A., Paseo Juan de Borbón 99-101, 4ª Planta, 08039, Barcelona.
In addition, you can access some educational videos (in Spanish) published by the Spanish Data Protection Agency which explain, step by step, how to configure the privacy options for the most common browsers, social media networks and mobile operating systems by going to: AEPD Videos.