A cookie is a file or device that is downloaded onto a User's internet terminal device when browsing the web. It is used to store and retrieve data that are found on this device and reflects the User's activities during their browsing. Internet service providers may use the cookie to perform functions such as:
- Facilitating User navigation on websites visited;
- Facilitate User buying experiences on websites visited;
- Provide information on User browser habits on websites to develop new products or services;
- Provide information on User browsing habits on websites to direct them to behavioral advertising.
Based on how they are implemented, cookies can be:
- own: These are cookies that are enabled by the owner of the website the User is visiting, sending them from equipment or a domain managed by the editor itself and from which the it provides the services requested by the user; or
- third party: These are cookies that are enabled by other service providers with whom the owner of the site that the User is visiting has contracted for the provisioning of certain services; they are sent from a device or domain that is not managed by the editor, but rather another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Based on the time that they remain active, cookies can be:
- session: These are cookies designed to collect and store data while the User accesses a website.
- persistent: These are cookies in which the data remains stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period of time defined by the owner of the cookie, which may range from minutes to years.
Based on their purpose, cookies can be:
- analytical: These are cookies that, processed by the owner of the website or by third parties, make it possible to quantify the number of users and thus provide statistical measurement and analysis on how users use the service offered, so as to improve the offering of products and services provided.
- advertising: These are cookies that allow for the most efficient management of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included on a website, application or platform that is used to provide the service requested based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which the advertisements are shown.
- behavioral advertising: These are cookies that allow for the most efficient management of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included on a website, application or platform that is used to provide the service requested. These cookies store information on user behavior obtained through the ongoing observation of their browsing habits, which makes it possible to develop a specific profile to show advertising based on such habits. It is also possible that upon visiting a website or opening an email where an ad or promotion on certain products or services is published, a cookie is installed in the browser that is used later on to show advertising related to the search performed in order to control ads related, for example, with the number of time the User visits, where the ads appear, what time they are seen, etc.
To learn more about cookies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookieWhat cookies can be enabled without the consent of the User?
There are some cookies that can be implemented in the User's terminal without requiring consent. These are as follows:
- Cookies which are used solely to communicate between the User's device and the network.
- Cookies which are used strictly to provide a service strictly requested by the user.
Thus, cookies excepted form asking for consent are:
- User login cookies.
- User identification or authentication cookies (only session cookies).
- User security cookies.
- Media player cookies.
- Balance-loading session cookies.
- User interface customization cookies.
- Plug-in cookies for exchanging social media content.
On the other hand, analytical, advertising and tracking cookies do need User consent.What cookies do we use, who controls them and what purpose do they serve?
The present website currently requires cookies for browsing and other cookies for collecting statistical and analytical information, which allow us to analyze user browsing habits and obtain statistical data to improve our services. Cookies used by the website are associated only with an anonymous user and their computer, thus not providing themselves the personal data of the User.
By using cookies, it is possible for the server where the website is hosted to recognize the web browser used by the user in order to make browsing easier, allowing, for example, access to users who have registered previously, access to areas, services, promotions and contests reserved exclusively for them without having to register on each visit. Cookies are also used to measure the audience and traffic parameters, control progress and the number of log-ins.
The table below identifies all of the cookies that we use:
|PHPSESSID||Maintains the user's status in site calls||Own||Session|
|Guest_id||Identifies when the user enters the site through Twitter.||2 years|
|_ga||Used by Google to identify recurring users.||Google.com||18 months|
|Pid||Used by Twitter to assign an anonymous ID to each visit.||18 months|
|Id||Used by Google to control interactions and be able to show relevant ads||DoubleClickbyGoogle.com||2 years|
|PREF||Used by Google to control interactions and be able to show relevant ads.||Google.com||2 years|
|Cookie_born||Cookie data to assign a date to the first activity.||Digilant.com||2 years|
|Lldt||Detects the browser's language||Digilant.com||2 years|
|S||Detects the list of cookies on which the user appears||Digilant.com||2 years|
|Synced||Synchronization of cookies in order to serve advertising campaigns.||Digilant.com||2 years|
|Tuuid||Unique identifier assigned to a cookie/user||Digilant.com||2 years|
|_session_id||Allows Shopify to save and store information on the user's session||Shopify.com||-|
|_shopify_visit||Records the number of visits to the website||Shopify.com||30 minutes|
|_shopify_uniq||Records the number of visits by a unique user||Shopify.com||Until midnight the following day|
|cart||Stores information on the contents of the shopping cart||Shopify.com||2 weeks|
|_secure_session_id||Guarantees the unique session||Shopify.com||-|
|storefront_digest||Determines if the user has access||Shopify.com||-|
|PREF||Tracks who visits and from where||Shopify.com||-|
This website also uses Google Analytics to collect statistical information for later analysis. The cookies that it uses are associated solely with an anonymous user and their computer's IP address; therefore, none of the user's personal data is provided. GoogleAnalytics is an analytical web service provided by Google, Inc., a Delaware company whose main office is at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View (California) , CA 94043, USA ("Google").
Google Analytics uses "cookies", which help the website analyze how users use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted directly to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information on our behalf in order to track your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services related to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information third parties where required by law, or where said third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of information about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
In any case, he hereby inform you that in order to urge the cancellation of possible processing of data carried out by Google, you must write to this company to that end. The provider does not have technical or legal capacity to proceed to the cessation in the processing of data outside of the scope delimited by the files and technical resources which it owns and cannot be held responsible in that regard.
More information available at: https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/ and https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usageHow can you disable cookies already installed in your browser?
You can disable them from your browser by entering into the browser's settings menu, where you can also block them, allow them or delete ones already installed. We hereby inform you that if you disable any cookies in your browser settings selection, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
For your convenience, here are some links to some of the major browsers that explain how to configure your preferences regarding cookies:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955/en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Safari iOS (iPhone , iPad): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Flash Cookies: https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- To disable Google Analytics cookies: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You can revoke your consent at any time. To do so, you must disable cookies from our website by following the instructions in the previous section based on which browser you use. We hereby inform you that revoking consent, and therefore the disabling of certain cookies, may prevent the use of certain features on our website.Questions?
or send a letter addressed to:
Holaluz.com - Clidom Energy, S.L.,Plaça Pau Vila, 1 4ºA;Barcelona 080391
In addition, you can access some educational videos (in Spanish) published by the Spanish Data Protection Agency which explain, step by step, how to configure the privacy options for the most common browsers, social media networks and mobile operating systems by going to: AEPD Videos.